New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on Sunday through the 36th edition of his ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme.
The monthly radio show completed three remarkable years today.
The show, which focussed on people’s connect with Prime Minister Modi, saw him again sharing his views and feelings on several issues with the masses.
In the last edition, Prime Minister Modi today talked about the violence that took place in the name of faith in Haryana. Today he talked about the next steps about his government’s cherished campaign to clean India, the lauding of people and institutions that don’t allow left-over food to go waste but distribute them to the poor and needy etc.
Here are the highlights:
- PM Modi began his address by saying that the three-year journey of “Mann Ki Baat” is in fact, a journey of our countrymen, their emotions and feelings.
- PM Narendra Modi talked about how three years of Mann Ki Baat has integrated every section of society.
- He called on the nation to buy Khadi products and light the lamp of prosperity in the lives of the poor during the celebration of Gandhi Jayanti.
- He acknowledged the people’s effort towards cleanliness drive, saying he was delighted to see the support being extended to the SwachhataHiSeva movement and added that people are actively contributing to a Swachh Bharat.
- PM Modi also thanked the media for its support in furthering the message of cleanliness.
- He remembered stalwarts of the Indian freedom struggle PM Modi said: “Great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Jayprakash, Deendayal Upadhyaya, all were connected to people”.
- He acknowledged the contribution of Nanaji Deshmukh devoted his life towards the betterment of our villages.
- PM Modi urged people, especially youngsters, to discover the wonders of Incredible India in the months to come.