Published On: Fri, Jan 15th, 2016

Centre seeks report on discontinuation of govt job interviews

New Delhi: All central government ministries have been asked to send a report, duly approved from their concerned ministers, to the Centre on discontinuation of interviews for junior level recruitments. They were earlier asked to send the report by last week.

DoPT Secretary Sanjay Kothari

DoPT Secretary Sanjay Kothari

All the central ministries were requested to furnish consolidated information in respect of discontinuation of interviews, with the approval of minister or minister in-charge, by January 7.

“However consolidated information along with prescribed proforma, has not yet been received,” the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) said today in the Office Memorandum No.39020/09/2015-(Estt(B).

It asked them to send the information by Thursday. Following an announcement from Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his last year’s Independence Day speech, the DoPT had decided there will be no interviews from January 1, for recruitments at the junior level posts in government of India ministries, departments, attached and subordinate offices, autonomous bodies and public sector undertakings.

All the advertisement for future vacancies will be without the interview as part of the recruitment process, it had said.

The decision to discontinue interview for recruitments is for all Group ‘C’ and non-gazetted posts of Group ‘B’ category and all such equivalent posts, the DoPT said.

PTI

About the Author