Tag archive for ‘GST’
auto;
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
By Ila Choudhary On Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
0 Comments

GST to end ‘inspector raj': Jaitley

New Delhi: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today described the Goods and Services Tax (GST) as a “win- win” deal for all as it will expand the tax net, end “inspector raj” and bring down prices More...

Minister of State for Finance Arjun Ram Meghwal
By Manish Sen On Sunday, July 16th, 2017
0 Comments

Govt committed to make GST a ‘good and simple tax': Meghwal

New Delhi: Union minister Arjun Ram Meghwal today said the government was committed to make the Goods and Services Tax (GST) a “good and simple tax”. Minister of State for Finance Arjun Ram Meghwal today More...

The Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will have to wait for the situation to normalize to receive report on higer allowances.
By Manish Sen On Sunday, July 16th, 2017
0 Comments

2 weeks into GST: Council to take stock tomorrow

19th Meeting of GST Council under the Chairmanship of FM Arun Jaitley will be held through Video Conferencing on July 17 in Delhi. New Delhi: Over two weeks into the GST regime, the all-powerful GST Council will More...

GSTN chairman Navin Kumar
By Manish Sen On Friday, July 14th, 2017
0 Comments

Taxpayers have to opt for GST composition scheme by July 21

New Delhi: Small businesses with turnover of up to Rs 75 lakh have time till July 21 to opt for composition scheme under the Goods and Services Tax regime, GST Network said today. GSTN chairman Navin Kumar To opt More...

Vanaja N Sarna
Chairperson of CBEC,   the nodal national agency responsible for administering Customs and Central GST.
By Ila Choudhary On Thursday, July 13th, 2017
0 Comments

Directorate formed to flag high-risk areas in Customs, GST

New Delhi: The government has set up a new wing to provide intelligence inputs and do big data analytics for taxmen for better policy formulation and taking action against tax evaders.Vanaja N Sarna, Chairperson More...

40 per cent of the interest accrued on contributions made after April 1 will be tax exempt and its remaining 60 per cent will be taxed."
By Manish Sen On Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
0 Comments

Eateries should cut rates of food items post GST: Revenue Secretary

New Delhi: Restaurants, hotels and eateries should cut rates on food items in their menu to reflect the benefit of being able to set off tax paid on inputs under GST, Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia said today.Revenue More...

Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia
By Ila Choudhary On Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
0 Comments

Rental income beyond Rs 20 lakh to attract GST, says Revenue Secretary

New Delhi: Rental income from residential property has been exempt from GST but any earning over Rs 20 lakh annually from renting or leasing for commercial purposes would attract the levy. Revenue Secretary Hasmukh More...

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
By Manish Sen On Sunday, July 9th, 2017
0 Comments

Budget session of UP assembly begins Tuesday

Lucknow: The budget session of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly commences Tuesday with presentation of the BJP government’s first annual budget for 2017-18, even as opposition parties are gearing up to corner Chief More...

Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.
By Manish Sen On Saturday, July 8th, 2017
0 Comments

Jammu and Kashmir joins GST from today

New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir, the only state that missed the July 1 rollout date of Goods and Services Tax (GST), today joined the new indirect tax fold making GST a true ‘one nation, one tax’ regime. Jammu More...

Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh.
By Manish Sen On Thursday, July 6th, 2017
0 Comments

175 newly-appointed IAS officers to study BHIM, GST & Aadhaar

New Delhi: As many as 175 newly-recruited IAS officers will be given exposure to the Centre’s flagship programmes, including the Goods and Services Tax (GST), the BHIM app for cashless transactions and Aadhaar. Minister More...

TST Download APP